Friday, February 18, 2011

Supermarkets and stress relief

So we've all heard of retail therapy, people who say that shopping makes them feel better but recently I've discovered that I find strolling through the aisles at the supermarket really relaxing. While shopping for this week's ingredients I found myself wandering all over just looking to see if they have random ingredients and equipment that I might need one of these days.I buy only what I came in there for but I browse extensively. "Oh, they have springform pans here, I'll keep that in mind when I'm going to make cheesecake" or "I wonder if cinnamon extract tastes better than ground cinnamon? I didn't even know they had cinnamon extract." These are the things that make a 10 minute trip to the store to buy this week's ingredients stretch to an hour. But, after getting lost in the aisles, I find myself relaxed and I've forgotten about the difficult day I had at work. I don't need to go buy shoes or clothes for my retail therapy, I simply take a trip to my favorite supermarket or wholesale club and window shop. Weird, funny, but hey, it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment