Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Recipe Found!

After many nights of scouring websites to find the right recipe for this weekend I found it! I'll be making a Chocolate Glazed Chocolate Tart which I found on Epicurious http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Glazed-Chocolate-Tart-243610 .

I choose recipes like I choose books to read. I get to Amazon and head straight for the New York Times Bestsellers section. After all, if a large amount of people have bought and read the book it stands a better chance of being good right? Then I look at the reviews. Anything under 4 stars is immediately dismissed. Only 4 stars and up for me! And of course I make sure that a decent amount of people have rated the book. If one person gives the book 5 stars, it really isn't representative of the quality of the book. Its one person's opinion and that person could be the author's mom.

Similarly, when combing websites for great recipes, I look for ones with high ratings, or staff favorites with lots of reviews and comments and if I have enough time, I'll even read through most of the comments and see what people say. This is where you find out about mistakes in the recipes or difficulties with the instructions. This is probably one of the reasons why it took me some time to pick this recipe for this weekend. The other reason is that this is not just any dessert on a regular weekend, this is the weekend before Valentines Day and this particular dessert is my gift to my valentine. So I want it to be perfect.

And now that I have the recipe picked out, I'm getting really excited about my first conquest. I can't wait for the weekend to come so I can get in the kitchen and get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment