Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"I Can't Believe It's Over"

I'm sure many of you have been wondering where I've been for the last two weekends. I mean, this is supposed to be a weekly thing right? Well, I've been on vacation and I had a really good time. I just got back last night and I'm now having that "I can't believe it's over" feeling. I'm sure you can forgive me for taking a little break to get some rest and relaxation, can't you? I thought so.

Now I'm gearing up for what is going to be a very busy week. My parents and brother are coming for a visit. For those of you who don't already know, they all live abroad, so they've been forced to read about my baking from thousands of miles away, imagining what my treats taste like from the pictures. Now is my chance to bake them something and I am so excited and I'll confess, a little nervous. I'll be baking some of their favorites and since they have different tastes, that means more than one dessert. I haven't picked the specific recipes I'll be making yet, still searching for the perfect ones.

I'll be limiting the amount of tasting I do this week since I'm still quite stuffed from my vacation where I ate ample amounts of food. I ate what I want when I wanted it, did what I want when I wanted to and I was pretty much carefree for 10 days. Isn't that the way vacations should be though? But now the vacation is over, so I'll be making an effort to lose those couple vacation pounds. My family will be on vacation though, so they'll be carefree, and I can pretty much count on my younger brother to devour anything, once it's tasty, since he has a healthy appetite and killer metabolism (I'm quite jealous actually). So look out for my post this weekend, I have a feeling, its going to be delicious.

P.S.  A Note on Photos

After my last post I received many questions about whether the photos I post on my site are actual photos of my desserts. This was most flattering, my tart looked that good huh? You thought I stole that picture from somewhere? Nope! That was my beautiful tart that I made. Gorgeous wasn't it? I couldn't believe it myself, that I was capable of that. But then again sometimes we really don't know what we're capable of until we try.

Those particular photos of the finished Nectarine and Mascarpone Tart were taken by my boyfriend on a bright Saturday morning with his fancy camera which is by far superior to the point and click digital camera I normally use. This also contributed to the beauty of the photos. I'll try and get him to take more pictures for me, and perhaps I'll learn how to use his camera to take the pictures myself, in case he's not home.

But as a general rule, all the photos I've posted on my blog are of the actual desserts I made, taken by me, or in this case and hopefully many others, by my boyfriend. If at any time in the future I take pictures from a source, the source will be given full credit, and I'll let you know its not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment